Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Retellings I've Read

Hosted each week by The Broke and the Bookish, it's a meme for listing the top ten for everything bookish.

I kind of fudged the topic a little bit and changed it to Top Ten Retellings in general, since I've read books that are just retellings, not fairytale ones, and I wanted to include them.

1. The School for Good and Evil series
The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1)A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2)The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3)
Not really a retelling, but has a lot of retelling-ish elements, as well as a few fairytale cameos.To be honest, this is one of my all-time favorite series and I just wanted to include it!


2. The Lunar Chronicles
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
Do I really have to say anything? This is probably on everyone's list today!

3. An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series
UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)Fable (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #3)Reign (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #4)Forever (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #5)
A little known series, but its fantastic! Also not strictly a retelling, but the main character's family is cured to act out dangerous fairytales.

4. Splintered Trilogy
Splintered (Splintered, #1)Unhinged (Splintered, #2)Ensnared (Splintered, #3)
Another popular one, but it's a horrific Alice in Wonderland retelling! I love this series!

5. Scarlet Trilogy
Scarlet (Scarlet, #1)Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)
Robin Hood retelling for the win!

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
This is my favorite read of the year! AMAZING!

The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2)A Cold Legacy (The Madman's Daughter, #3)
I sound like I'm saying the same thing over and over again throughout this post, but this is another great series! This time, it retells Gothic classics!

8. Of Metal and Wishes
Of Metal and Wishes (Of Metal and Wishes, #1)Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
This one is a loose retelling of Phantom of the Opera, but still, I need to mention a Sarah Fine book!

9. A Court of Thorns and Roses
A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
Another new favorite. I'm not surprised. I mean, come on, it's Sarah J. Maas!

Nutcracker retelling, Fantasy setting,Claire Legrand, and overall awesomeness!



What retellings do you recommend? I'm always looking for more!

5 comments :

  1. I need to read The School For Good and Evil series!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY want to read The School for Good and Evil series! I own the first book, I just need to dig it out. Of Metal and Wishes was FANTASTIC!! Wait...the sequel is out TODAY! I need to run to a bookstore! Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much every series on here is either an "I read and loved it" or an "I really need to read that because it looks awesome and I'll love it". Great list! I just love this week's theme.

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-fairytale.html?showComment=1438716330623#c2467615209016775937

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to look into the Unfortunate Fairy Tale series - hadn't heard of it before today! My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay you have too many nice looking series there! I feel like a chiild in this genre. I dunno many fairytale retellings and I love fairytales! So I'll definitely check out books from your list! Especially, Winterspell love the cover!
    New GFC follower.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete