Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bookish Rants and Rambles: Commenting

Bookish Rants and Rambles is basically where I either rant or ramble about something dealing with books.

For awhile, I would never comment on blog posts. I was just that random lurker, reading the posts, and thinking things like "That was a great book!", "THEY GOT THAT BOOK!", or just "All of the yeses! I completely agree!". But instead of commenting, I would just on and read the next blog post.

So, why did I do that? Why would I never comment?

I would see these people commenting that the bloggers actually knew around the blogosphere. I, again, felt like just a random lurker. I thought that the bloggers would look at my comment funny, thinking, "Who in the world is this chick?"

I now know that this is completely ridiculous. Being a blogger myself, I love it when anyone comments on my posts, it makes me happy and it makes me feel like someone is actually reading my posts! 

This doesn't mean I comment on everything. I only comment when I actually have something to say. But even though I'm willing to comment, I still will not comment on popular blogs. When a blog has thousands of followers, I just feel to miniscule to comment.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on commenting?

3 comments :

  1. I actually just made a post about this on All About YA, a Goodreads group that I mod for because I never get comments on my book reviews, even though I'm always commenting.

    I love commenting on posts. I like to share my thoughts with another blogger and start up a little conversation. It just makes me sad when no one comments on my posts. I usually only get comments on memes and book tags, when it should be the other way around. That's why I usually try to take one day a week and comment on just reviews when I'm on Bloglovin. Other times, I'll comment on tags and memes that interest me.

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy commenting on posts because I like offering my two cents, and I like sharing the love. I know other bloggers feel the warm fuzzies when they get comments on posts they've worked hard on. But, I don't comment on everything. I find it challenging to leave comments on book reviews if I've never read the book before; I don't like writing stuff like, "Gee whiz! Great review! It makes me want to read the book!" because that doesn't seem genuine. Now...if it's a review for a book I have read, well that's an entirely different story...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel that the bigger and more popular blogs just have so many comments that I feel like I won't be noticed, or the person won't reply to me. However, I still comment no matter what because the other people commenting will definitely see my comment, if not the owner ;)

    Lovely post

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete