Saturday, November 22, 2014

Short & Simple Reviews: Every Day & Red Rising

This is a place for books that I didn't fully review.
Maybe I listed my likes and dislikes, had a little short paragraph, or a few sentences to convey my feelings on the book, but whatever the "review" is, all of them are short and simple. (hence the clever name)


Every Day (Every Day #1)
Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
 It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day
  Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble





Review
This is such an interesting, new, and unique book! I've never really read magical realism books before and I now know that this will not be the last time. This book is very well written and it is full of meaning! I definitely recommend this book to everyone!

I hereby give this book
4 Stars!
Meaning: It was amazing!




Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1)
The Earth is dying. Darrow is a Red, a miner in the interior of Mars. His mission is to extract enough precious elements to one day tame the surface of the planet and allow humans to live on it. The Reds are humanity's last hope.
Or so it appears, until the day Darrow discovers it's all a lie. That Mars has been habitable - and inhabited - for generations, by a class of people calling themselves the Golds. A class of people who look down on Darrow and his fellows as slave labour, to be exploited and worked to death without a second thought.
Until the day that Darrow, with the help of a mysterious group of rebels, disguises himself as a Gold and infiltrates their command school, intent on taking down his oppressors from the inside. But the command school is a battlefield - and Darrow isn't the only student with an agenda.
 Goodreads / Amazon / Barnes & Noble

Review
It took me a while to get into this book, but once I did, I found such an amazing, new dystopian! This book is dark and disturbing, but this book is also brilliant and exciting! I definitely recommend this book!

I hereby give this book
5 Stars!
Meaning: A new favorite!

1 comment :

  1. I've been wanting to read Every Day since FOREVER!! I do like David Leviathan's books a lot! Can't wait!!

    I've seen Red Rising around a lot! I wanna try this one, too, but perhaps when the whole series or trilogy is out! :)

    Glad you liked them both!! :D

    ~Fari
    My Recent Post: Book Confession! Series I Will Not Finish @ My Little Corner For Books

    ReplyDelete