Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cover vs. Cover: The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

This week's pick is...


The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)VS.  The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1)
Original                             Redesign
I know that the cover was redesigned due to the fact that the cover model does not look asian, while the main character is, but I much prefer the original to the redesign. The redesign is boring and looks like a novella cover. Seriously, a circle and some words, isn't that exciting! While the original has the bloody teardrop that made me interested in this book in the first place. I know it's weird, but I was curious when I first saw this book and wanted to know why her eye was bleeding.

Final Verdict: Original

Do you agree? Give me your thoughts on which cover is the best!

1 comment :

  1. I completely agree. Probably would have been better if they just went with an Asian actress in the first place... The red eye and the blood tear is very drawing.

    ~K.J. Bryen, plungingintothenovel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete