Tuesday, June 25, 2013

REVIEW: Night School by C.J. Daughterty

Night School (Night School, #1)
Allie Sheridan’s world is falling apart. Her brother’s run away from home. Her parents ignore her. And she’s just been arrested.

Again.

This time her parents have had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to boarding school, far from her London friends.

But at Cimmeria Academy, Allie is soon caught up in the strange activities of a secret group of elite students.

When she’s attacked late one night the incident sets off a chain of increasingly violent events. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, she finds out that nothing at Cimmeria is what it seems to be.


And that she is not who she thought she was.




THE RUN-DOWN 

Ever since Allies's brother disappeared she's been getting into trouble all over the place. When she gets arrested for the third time, her parents send her away to boarding school. Instead of hating it, she finds new friends, and loves it there. But the school has it's secrets and Allie intends to find them out...


MY THOUGHTS 
Look at these covers:

What do they make you think of? What do you think the book is about?
...
...
I don't know about you, but both of them make me think of paranormal beings. The first one: Aliens. The second one: Vampires or Werewolves.
And then you have the title, which screams out "vampires!".

But THIS IS NOT A PARANORMAL BOOK!!!
This is a thriller! I don't have a problem with this fact, but both the title and the cover are misleading.

Neither-the-less, I did find this book interesting. In fact, I enjoyed the story. I kept turning page after page to find out what will happen next! The problem that I had with this book is that when I finally found out the "secrets", I was disappointed. The book brings up interesting page after interesting page until that FINAL MOMENT and it's not as great as a moment as I expected. I guess the book can get a prize for catching me by surprise, but I was hoping for something grander
While I was disappointed by the "grand reveal", I did like this book.
If you are hoping for a paranormal read, though, turn around!

I hereby give this book...
3 Wheels!
Meaning: I liked it, but It wasn't amazing.

Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment